NAC Creative Writing '14
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The interesting Story

Go down

The interesting Story Empty The interesting Story

Post by Oops! a.k.a Kathy -.- Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:02 pm

Don’t Tell Anyone:
Lately he had been acting weird around me. I guess I should’ve suspected something from the beginning; yet I didn’t.  I kept telling myself it was alright; I kept letting his lies influence my mind. And now I’m here helping him, blood smeared all over my clothes and body, and a dead body at my feet with my best friend at my side. How did we end up here? I wish I could remember.
*Months Before*
“Did you hear that the guy across the street from where you live just died? That’s sad. Who would do such a thing?” I say.
“I don’t know but that’s terrible huh? Well, I have to go now. Bye Love” He said a bit too quickly as he hugged me and left walking home. He seemed nervous but I didn’t notice at the moment.
My mind was focused on other things and plus, you can’t doubt your best friend. You should have complete trust. So the instead of still pondering about his response, I decided to sleep. If the person who killed that guy is near, I can’t think of a reason I’d be his next victim.  I let my mind drift off but someone I couldn’t stop thinking about the neighbor. Why would someone want to kill him? Maybe it’s a lose serial killer? No, I can’t worry myself with stupid thoughts. Surely it’s just a misunderstanding.
There were more and more killings after that, and I started to see Sam less and less. I couldn’t understand anything that was going on. Could he be the one that the whole world has been looking for? No, he couldn’t be. How could I doubt my best friend? That’s just useless. He’s the only one that’s ever been there. No, he’s not the serial killer. Most likely his mum just doesn’t want him outside roaming around a lot because of the killings that’s all. Or could he doubt that I am? No, we trust each other too much for that. Maybe if he were someone else. But that’s not possible.  Although, if he was the serial killer, would I still talk to him? I don’t know. I’d like to think I’d do the right thing.
I began to see all my friends and family less and less, I began to leave everyone behind more. I began to get nervous when passing by the police; I began to get nervous when I would talk to someone. And each week there was a new death each time. My mind still didn’t understand, what was happening? Why did I need to separate myself from the world, maybe because they didn’t understand or I didn’t? Either way I hadn’t talked to Sam in a month and there were a lot of deaths. I think it’s him. Sam. He’s been causing all these killings. Should I confront him? Would he kill me? Hurt me? Would he even hear me out? I wish I knew the answer because just the question was eating me alive. I decided we needed to talk.
“Sammy. Look, I know you killed all those people.” I say.
“Who-What? Who told you that?” He says as he moves closer. My body gets tenser.
“I figured it out myself. How could you? They were innocent people” I say standing strong.
“That’s a lie Kayn.” He says looking me straight in the eyes.
“How are you so sure?” I say.
“Because it wasn’t I who killed them; all those people, they were killed by you Kayn. You killed them. All I ever did was keep quiet. All I ever did was make sure you didn’t get caught. And you don’t know how hard that was Kayn. Every crime, every death; you left obvious evidence that it was you. I couldn’t let you get taken away. So I got rid of all evidence, I cleaned up every death to make sure it would never lead back to us. I killed for you. I killed any witnesses that appeared; anyone that had a hunch it was you. But I couldn’t stand seeing you after each death. So I saw you but you never saw me. I cleaned everything, burned everything, and destroyed it all for you. But guess what? I can’t keep this up.  I’m tired love.” He says.
“That’s impossible, how could I kill anyone? You’re lying to me. I’m not a serial killer. It wasn’t me. It was all you, you killed them. I think I’d remember if I killed someone.  And I didn’t. You’re a liar.” I say.
“No, you don’t remember because I knocked you out after each death, I made sure you forgot. I couldn’t let you live like that. It’s been killing me with guilt; I couldn’t even imagine what it’d do to you. Look, in the end we’re both going to go to jail if we stay, let’s leave.” He says.  He’s right next to me.
Flashbacks of every death suddenly come to mind, there’s so many. But it’s all so beautiful. And so I decide to say, “Fine, we’ll escape. We’ll run away, but just let me have on more kill together; our last one. The last thing we do as best friends in this small town. Please?”
“Fine. Last one, for sure. Tonight. Meet me outside of my house with all your stuff. We’ll kill and leave. No questions asked.” He agreed.
*Back To Present*
“That’s it Kayn. He’s dead.” He said.
Oops! a.k.a Kathy -.-
Oops! a.k.a Kathy -.-

Back to top Go down